This article is contributed by Alexandre Lopes
Nowadays, watching a movie is no longer something that is limited to your TV. For several years now, we can also watch it on our PC, on our smartphone or even on our projector. In the case of Wemax Dice, it's a projector that allows several ways to watch a movie: either through an app, through a wireless connection to our smartphone or computer, or through the conventional cable connection.
It should be remembered that the Wemax Dice LED Projector is a projector with Full HD resolution, 700 ANSI lumens of brightness, screen projection up to 120", AndroidTV 9.0 installed, and an HDMI 2.0 input, among other highlights.
In fact, it is worth noting that the Wemax Dice can project an image up to 120", ensuring that you feel like you're in the cinema... but in the comfort of your sofa.
And thanks to its lamp, which ensures high-definition quality, you can enjoy movies with a very bright image, with vivid colors and rich details.
And of course, the very useful smart keystone correction should be highlighted, ensuring the best viewing experience anywhere you took the projector.
But let’s stick to this short guide, that will certainly help you.
Watching a movie through a streaming service
Whether through Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV+, among other streaming services, the operation is always the same: installation of the respective app through Android TV. The steps are simple:
- 1- Turn on the projector and select the Google Play Store option;
- 2- Type the name of the app you want to install;
- 3- Choose the appropriate service and proceed with the installation;
- 4- Enter your login credentials (some apps allow you to login faster if you are already logged in on your PC or smartphone)
- 5- Choose the series or movie you want to watch.
Watch a movie through Plex
Unlike the applications we mentioned earlier, Plex is not your typical streaming service, but rather a multimedia center that works as a client-server, allowing us to organize our movies, videos, music and series, so we can watch them on the devices we want.
Basically, we just need to install the Plex on the PC, for example, so that from there, and with an Internet connection, we can access the files hosted on that PC from any other device compatible with the Plex App. And when we refer to another device... yes, we are talking about the Wemax Dice, where you can install the Plex.
However, relatively recently, Plex has also started to offer a movie catalog that you can stream, albeit of dubious quality.
In any case, if you want to try it, it is very simple:
- 1- Open the Google Play Store
- 2- Search for Plex and download it
- 3- Open the app and create a new account (in case you haven't registered yet), log in or choose the "Continue as Guest" option
- 4- Then, on the left menu, just select Movies & Shows, where you will have thousands of movies divided by category