ALPD® or Advanced Laser Phosphor Display is a type of fluorescent laser technology which has impressive applications in image display. Through the use of mixed multi-color laser lines and laser-excited fluorescent materials, it can create a cinema-image display. APLD® was first invented in 2007 by Appotronics®, the parent company of WEMAX®. Appotronics® currently counts with well over 2000+ global patents, which include regions such as China, the US, Japan, South Korea, and beyond.
What is ALPD® & Its Development
ALPD® or Advanced Laser Phosphor Display is a type of fluorescent laser technology which has impressive applications in image display. Through the use of mixed multi-color laser lines and laser-excited fluorescent materials, it can create a cinema-image display. ALPD® was first invented in 2007 by Appotronics®, the parent company of WEMAX®. Appotronics® currently counts with well over 2000+ global patents, which include regions such as China, the US, Japan, South Korea, and beyond. Through a decade of dedicated research and development, our parent company Appotronics® has been consistently upgrading its technology and procedures, resulting in the advance from ALPD®1.0 to ALPD®4.0, With ALPD®4.0 Appotronics® not only provides improved brightness and higher color fidelity, but it also manages to provide these image improvements with no speckle interferences. Appotronics® not only formed the basic technical system that feeds this new technology, but they consistently strive to improve on it and innovate in the industry.
1. 2007 saw the start of ALPD® laser display technology With the register of the ALPD® basic patent in both the US and China Patent Office.
2. ALPD®1.0, was successfully launched and first saw use as the technology powering rear projection video walls.
3. The unique combination of phosphor and laser brought with it many advantages that other systems couldn't replicate.
4. Its efficient structure design proved to be a considerable advantage in its performance and use.
1. ALPD® 2.0. was first developed in 2012 for use in laser TV product development
2. It offered higher brightness for both home and exterior uses.
3. Its new design provided improved visual safety design
4. Thanks to its continuous light path, it offered good image and brightness uniformity
1. ALPD® 3.0 was first developed in 2015 for use in cinemas, integrating the red and blue two-color lasers and phosphor technology.
2. The light source efficiency in 3.0 saw an increase of 20%
3. It adopted the DCI P3 color gamut, the cinematic color standard in the film industry.
4. Images displayed with ALPD® reached 100% color brightness
1. ALPD® 4.0 was first developed in 2018, providing the ultimate viewing experience with its phosphor and laser technology.
2. Its color gamut value now reached 98.5% of Rec.2020, resulting in a larger color range.
3. 4.0 offers higher contrast in its pictures, reaching the cinema standards of 2500:1
4. 4.0 boasts much higher light efficiency compared to earlier products, being 30% more efficient than ALPD 3.0
Best ALPD® Projector and Screen Bundle Ever!
Advantages of ALPD® Technology
- High Light Efficiency
- High Brightness
- Wide Color gamut
Thanks to its improved light efficiency compared to other models and technologies, the ALPD® digital projector saves on electricity consumption; reducing both costs and its ecological footprint.
The high light efficiency of ALPD® technology ensures that ALPD® projectors can provide high brightness as well. ALPD® projectors can offer a brightness of up to 60, 000lm, the highest standard in the world.
Through the use of phosphor + laser image solutions, the color performance of ALPD® projectors reaches the DCI cinema level standard. This means projectors have a maximum color gamut that reaches 98.5% of Rec.2020.
Applications of APLD® Technology
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What's APLD® technology
2. How does the ALPD®(laser phosphor) works?
Appotronics® invented the cutting-edge ALPD® laser display technology, and registered the ALPD® patent in the US and China Patent Office.
Developed in 2015, the ALPD® 3.0 technology was primarily based on red and blue 2-color laser and Phosphor technology. It boasts high color accuracy, DCI P3 color gamut, and 100% color brightness. It was designed for use in movie theaters and the light source efficiency increased by 20% from the 2.0 generation.
Developed in 2018, the ALPD® 4.0 technology integrated RGB 3 color laser and fluorescent to reach a color gamut 98.5% of Rec.2020, delivering the ultimate viewing effect. ALPD 4.0 is a big step from the 3.0 generations. It brings high contrast ratio to the cinema standard of 2500:1 and is 30% more light efficient than ALPD®3.0.